Saturday 7 November 2020

A CHANGE IS AS GOOD AS A HOLIDAY THEY SAY!

Is a change as good as a holiday? I don't know but I thought it was time to update things here on my blog and actually post something, as well as changing the name. We will see how it goes!

I decided to start with changing the name of the blog to The Chartreuse Studio as chartreuse has become my go to colour and I also thought it was time to update things with a new name.

At the beginning of this year I started an online course with the wonderful Hilary Beattie, a UK based textile/paper artist. The course is called 'Make It Personal' and is about finding your personal voice as an artist using fabric and paper, paint and dye, stencils, print blocks and all sorts of surface design techniques. The videos are run live on Facebook - sometimes the timing is not so good for watching in Australia but I can always watch the next day, or any time that suits me as access is ongoing. Here is a link to her Facebook business page - https://www.facebook.com/hilarybshop 

I has been a really intense learning curve but really fun and I have thoroughly enjoyed diving into different techniques as well as the camaraderie of the group. As this has been a difficult year because of the pandemic, it has also been something to focus on each week as I watch the videos and have a go at the techniques.

Things that have kept me busy this year have been numerous as you can see below:

  • learning to use Zoom
  • watching innumerable YouTube videos (some examples below)
  • doing workshops via Zoom - Carole Lyles Shaw, Joe Cunningham and Brenda Gael Smith to name a few
  • thinking all day about doing something and not actually doing it!
  • sitting in my lovely recliner and drinking tea or coffee
  • tidying up my sewing room (haven't gotten very far)
My favourite YouTube channels are

Hilary Beattie - https://www.youtube.com/c/HilaryBOriginalArtDesign/videos


No comments:

Post a Comment